|Thank you for choosing Rainbow Realty to reserve your privately owned Island Park vacation cabin. Please take a moment to read and understand our rental agreement; terms and conditions.
Steps to renting a cabin:
1. Find a cabin that will fit your group. Each cabin has a maximum of people that it will be allowed to sleep in the cabin. Children and Babies DO count towards the people count.
2. If you are found to have over the limit of people in the cabin and we have not authorized the overage of people; you will be evicted from the property and all remaining rent funds will be forfeited.
3. Tents, RV’s, and camper trailers are not allowed on the properties. We can find accommodations close to the cabins for these extra sleeping arrangements if needed.
4. Rainbow Realty will email you a rental agreement and any needed waivers.
5. Please sign and mail or fax the agreement and waivers back to Rainbow Realty within 7 days.
6. Security Deposit will be held with a credit card number and 1/2 of the rent will be charged at the time of reservation, unless other accommodations have been made.
7. Full payment or second 1/2 of the total rent amount is due 60 days prior to the check-in date.
8. If reserving within the 60 day window, full payment is due.
1. Rainbow Realty accepts personal checks, money orders, cashiers checks, E-Checks, Visa, and Master Card.
2. ALL security deposits will be held with a valid credit card and only charged if contract terms are not met, damage to the cabin, stolen items, or pets or smoking are in the cabin.
3. There is a $25 fee for all returned checks.
Damage Deposit Policy:
A security deposit is not required, but a valid credit card must be on file just in case the terms of the contract are not met. Your card will not be charged provided the following provisions are met.
1. After departure the home will be inspected. If the inspection reveals no damage to or theft of rental property during the period of occupancy and if "clean up" has been accomplished (See check out procedures and below items), then credit card will not be charged.
2. All cabins are cleaned and sanitized by a cleaning crew. It is not their job to clean up your mess. If the cabin is excessively dirty you will be charged $20 per hour on top of the non-refundable cleaning fee paid at the time of reservation.
3. Please report any stains on the carpet immediately when they happen; if the stains can not be removed you will be charged for the professional cleaning. Please eat only in the kitchen and dinning room area.
4. We ask that you not move any of the furniture during your stay. If you do; please return the furniture back to the original location or a minimum of $25 will be charged for us to move the furniture back to position.
5. We ask that you please do not disconnect or change the wiring for any of the TV or electrical equipment. There will be a minimum of $50 charged if we have to rewire the electrical systems.
6. If the hot tubs are excessively dirty after your stay and require us to drain and scrub the hot tub; you will be charged a minimum of $200. Please follow the hot tub rules at the cabins.
7. The full damage deposit amount will be forfeited if any animals (without authorization) are kept at the rental cabin. There are a few cabins that do allow dogs and charge an extra nightly fee.
8. The full damage deposit amount will be forfeited if smoking is detected in the cabin. All cabins are Non-smoking. You may smoke outside, but all cigarette and cigar butts must be picked up and disposed of properly upon your departure.
9. A minimum of $30 will be deducted for garbage left behind; including outside garbage left around the cabin. All garbage must be removed from the cabin and taken to the local landfill for disposal or taken with you at departure time. Island Park does not have garbage pick up service.
10. Departures after 11 am will be charged $50 per hour in one hour increments.
11. All keys and landfill cards must be returned to Rainbow Realty upon departure, except for those cabins that have lock boxes at the cabin. All lost regular cabin keys will have a $25 charge and a lost Bills Island Gate Key is a $300 charge.
12. Lost and Found – Please make sure that all personal property is removed from the property. We cannot be responsible for items left at the property. Should you request the return of an item, there will be a $25 handling charge and the items will be shipped C.O.D. If items are found at the cabin, we will bring them to our office and contact you. If we don’t receive a response back from you, items will be donated to a local charity or needy family with in 1 week.
Security Deposit Protection:
1. This Vacation Rental Damage plan covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of $3000. Any damages that exceed $3000 will be charged to the credit card on file. If you damage the real or personal property assigned to your rental accommodation during the trip, the Insurer will reimburse the lesser of the cost of repairs or the Actual Cash Value of the property, up to $3000. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy (www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/vacationrentaldamage). The Vacation Rental Damage can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Rainbow Realty any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. Please contact Rainbow Realty directly if you do not wish to participate in this plan or assignment.
2. This is an added charge of $39 for each reservation and is offered through CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services.
1. A sixty (60) day notice is required for all cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date will incur a $75 re-booking fee or 3% credit card merchant fee (whichever is greater) and will be deducted from the refunded funds.
2. Cancellations that are made within 60 days of the arrival date forfeit 50% of the lodging total.
3. Early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
4. All cancellations must be confirmed in writing.
1. How many of us could afford to lose the non-refundable part of our trip if something unexpected happened? Your vacation investment is protected when you buy CSA Vacation Rental Insurance, which covers you for trip cancellation, delay, and interruption. Rainbow Realty has partnered with CSA Travel Protection to provide you with this important insurance and we highly recommend that you purchase the protection to safeguard against the unexpected. We all want the trip we’ve planned to be the vacation of our dreams. No one wants that dream to turn into a nightmare, but unexpected events can happen! Troubles can occur when you least anticipate them, illness...medical emergencies...delayed flights [snow storms] and other severe weather. Forcing you to cancel or interrupt your trip, lose your vacation investment, and incur unplanned expenses.
2. This is an optional insurance opportunity offered through CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services at 6.95% of the total rent.
Check In Procedures:
1. Check in time is 4 pm. No early arrivals permitted without authorization. Extra fees will apply.
2. Pick up keys and directions to the cabin at our Rainbow Realty office at 3320 Hwy 20, Island Park, ID 83429. There will be an envelope with the contracted renters name on it.
3. Check in packets will only be given to the contracted renter. Please coordinate with other members of your party regarding keys and maps.
4. It is your responsibility to do a thorough inspection of the property. Please let us know immediately of anything that you notice in the cabin or on the outside that is damaged, dirty, or in need of repair. This is your assurance that you will not be charged for the problems when you leave.
5. Under no circumstance will a refund be given for a problem we had no opportunity to resolve or have control over. We will send someone to inspect all claims. Bogus and exaggerated claims have unfortunately led us to this policy.
Check Out Procedures:
1. Check out time is 11 am. No late departures permitted without authorization. Extra fees will apply.
2. Bring all keys and landfill cards back to our Rainbow Realty office at 3320 Hwy 20, Island Park, ID 83429. If you booked through the homeowner or another rental agency, please put the keys and landfill card back where you found them.
3. Cleaning crews arrive at the cabin shortly after 11 am.
4. Property must be left in a “cleaned up” condition. All dishes must be washed and put away, counters and tables wiped down, dirty bed linens stripped and placed by laundry facilities, pillows and blankets folded and placed on bed or put away where you found them, all lights turned off, heat turned down, door and windows locked, and all garbage must be removed from the property. If laundry facilities are available at the cabin we ask that you start a load of towels; one in the dryer and one in the washer. Please wash darks and lights separately!
1. We do not generally issue refunds for any condition beyond our control, such as power outages, water or plumbing system breakdowns, Satellite TV black outs, appliance malfunctions, and the like; and in no event will we issue a refund for a problem we had no opportunity to resolve.
2. We maintain our homes in the best possible operating condition and if a problem should occur we will make every effort to rectify the situation and if necessary, move you to a comparable home.
3. If you decide to leave earlier than your departure date, there is no refund.
4. We do not generally issue refunds for cleaning fees. Please report any problem with the cleaning immediately and we will send someone to inspect and if necessary correct any deficiencies. Under no circumstances will we issue any cleaning fee refund if we do not have an opportunity to inspect.
5. Guests acknowledge that there will be no refund for early check out, delayed check in, health or family emergencies, weather conditions, inconvenience or dissatisfaction.
6. In the event the guest is dissatisfied, Rainbow Realty’s sole responsibility will be to correct the problem as soon as practically possible, or to offer to move guests to a comparable accommodation (if one is available), at the sole discretion of Rainbow Realty.
Standard Home Amenities:
1. All cabins are equipped with linens, towels, pillows, blankets, basic pots and pans, silverware, glasses, dishes, cooking utensils, toilet paper (2 per bathroom), paper towels (1), garbage bags, dish/dishwasher soap, and laundry soap (except for Macks Inn Hideaway and Moose Watch – no laundry facilities)
2. Cabins are NOT equipped with personal toiletries like; hand and body soap, shampoo and conditioner, etc.
3. All cabins have a 3 ring binder with rules and information specific to the cabin. Please make sure you read through this binder upon your arrival.
We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
Noise and Fire Arms Ordinance:
1. Island Park is a quiet area and we ask that you respect the tranquility of our mountain area.
2. Fremont County has a noise ordinance that is strictly enforced and shall be obeyed by 10 pm. Sound travels much more in the mountains then in the city.
3. Do not disturb the neighbors with loud noise. The police department will be contacted for all complaints.
4. It is against the law to discharge any fire arm in any Island Park subdivision.
5. Please contact the Island Park Forest Service; 208-558-7301 or Ashton Forest Service; 208-652-7442 for any areas designated for target practice.
1. If the cabin that you are renting has a hot tub, you will be required to sign a waiver. Guests use the hot tub at their own risk. Make sure you let the others in your party know the rules and regulations.
2. You should check the hot tub upon arrival to make sure it is clean and in working order. Let us know immediately if there is a problem.
3. The hot tub is not a bathtub. Please shower prior to entering; this limits the detergents and oils on your skin from getting in the water. Dirt, sand, and gravel are impossible to remove without draining the hot tub! This will result in an extra charge to you if this happens.
4. Use swimming suits only. Swimming suits need to be detergent free.
5. No food or drink shall be allowed in the hot tub.
6. No infants shall be allowed in the hot tub; children sixteen (16) years of age and younger shall be accompanied by an adult while in the hot tub.
7. All individuals, including pregnant women and/or those under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs shall use the hot tub at their own risk.
8. If the hot tub has a floater, do not remove it or play with it. It contains chemicals which keep the water sanitary.
9. Always replace the cover after each use of the hot tub.
10. If water level becomes low, you should refill it to one inch above the highest jet. Please disconnect the hose from the outside water hydrant to prevent any pipes freezing.
11. Do not turn the hot tub off or set the temperature below 100 degrees or above 104 degrees.
Private Boat Docks/Waterfront:
1. If the cabin that you are renting has a private boat dock or is waterfront, you will be required to sign a waiver. Guests use the private boat dock and water’s edge at their own risk.
2. No running or horse play allowed on the dock or water’s edge.
3. No food or beverage on the dock. Do not liter in the water.
4. All children under the age of 18 years old will wear life vests and be supervised by an adult.
5. All individuals, including pregnant women and/or those under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs shall use the boat dock at their own risk.
1. We test all toilets prior to your arrival to ensure they are in working order.
2. Sewer/septic systems are fragile and can not handle feminine hygiene items and large amounts of toilet paper. These will block the toilets.
3. In the event that your party creates an overflowing toilet that you can not unplug with a plunger in the cabin, you will need to call a plumber at your own expense. If you leave the cabin with a plugged toilet, we will deduct the plumber’s bill from your security deposit.
Rental of More than One Cabin:
1. If you are renting more than one cabin to accommodate your large family gathering, please to not move items from one cabin to another. This includes kitchen items and towels. A $20 an hour fee will be charged if we have to track down and switch items from one cabin to the other.
2. Guests moving between the cabins will respect the neighborhood and refrain from loud noise and boisterous behavior on the roads; particularly late at night.
3. Guests will keep in mind at all times that there are neighbors who treasure the peace and tranquility of this serene locale, who also value access to their driveways, and who are quick to complain if our guests create problems.
4. Guests from multiple cabins will not spend the bulk of their rental time at a cabin other than the cabin in which they are sleeping. Having people from one cabin spend most of their time at another cabin unfairly burdens that cabin, creates a risk of sewer/septic backup, and creates a risk of neighbor complaints.
1. Please park ALL vehicles, towing trailers, boats, snowmobiles, and ATV’s on the cabin property.
2. If you do not have enough room, please let us know and we will find an appropriate place for the extra parking.
3. DO NOT park on the side of the road and DO NOT block any accesses.
ATV, Dirt Bake, and Snowmobile User:
1. Please obey the 10 mile per hour speed zone through all subdivisions. Not all subdivisions in Island Park allow ATV travel on their roads.
2. Do not create trails through the property or neighbor’s property, stay on the road or Fremont County approved trail system. Do not ride on the county plowed roads, you will get a ticket.
3. ATV’s, dirt bikes, and snowmobiles are fun to use, but not a babysitting tool for your children. Please do not let your children ride unattended or unsupervised; fast speeds, doughnuts, and excessive dust are not acceptable and you may be charged for any damage created to the roads or property.
4. Legal age of riding such motorized vehicles is 16 years old.
5. Please make sure helmets and proper safety gear is being used by all people in your group.
6. Idaho stickers can be purchased at any of the local gas stations in Island Park.
1. All outside fires must be in the designated fire pit container.
2. If the cabin does not have a fire pit, do NOT create one.
3. Make sure that all fires are out prior to leaving the property or going inside the cabin. Do not leave the fire unattended and make sure that you have ample water to put the fire out.
4. Do not use the fire pit when conditions are hazardous (windy).
5. Please make sure that you check with the Island Park Ranger Station (208-558-7301) to check fire conditions.
6. Please read the Open Burning Ordinance that Fremont County has in place. You will find this in each binder at the cabins. You will be financially responsible for any run away fires.
1. We can not control the weather and the storm systems. Our temperatures range from 35 degrees to 80 degrees in the summer and 30 degrees below zero and 40 degrees in the winter.
2. We try to keep the driveways plowed and decks shoveled before each renter, but sometimes the storms do surprise us.
3. Fremont County plows Hwy 20 first and then the side county roads.
4. Each subdivision has a private snow removal company on contract and they will plow the roads per their contract with the homeowners.
5. None of the cabins have air-conditioners. Ceiling fans and windows open at night will help cool the cabins down during the day in the summer.
1. Rainbow Realty takes pride in our rental cabins and our rental guests.
2. Please be respectful of the rental property and neighbors.
3. If we receive a complaint during your stay, we will be contacting you to solve the problem.
4. Repeat complaints and non-compliance will result in eviction from the property. Be great neighbors so that we don’t have to interrupt your stay.
Loss or Damage:
1. In renting a home, you are agreeing to indemnify and hold harmless the owner of the vacation cabin, Rainbow Realty, and its employees and agents, for any injury or loss to any member of your party.
2. In renting a home, you are agreeing to indemnify and hold harmless the owner of the vacation cabin, Rainbow Realty, and its employees and agents, for any damage or loss of renters’ personal property.
3. Renter accepts all responsibility when using a hot tub, fire pit, private dock, and waterfront cabins at their own risk.
4. Renter accepts all responsibility to damage caused to the homeowners property during their stay.
1. Rainbow Realty reserves the right to offer alternative accommodations without legal or monetary ramifications to Rainbow Realty.
2. We would offer alternative accommodations of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen complications to the cabin that you had originally reserved.
3. Examples, but not limited to are physical defects that may occur in the cabin, safety issues, adverse weather conditions, mechanical complications, property was sold, etc.
1. If guests do not obey the rental agreement, homeowner rules, subdivision rules, Fremont County Laws, and Idaho State Laws or if we feel that damage could occur to the rental property as a result of your stay; you will be instructed to depart the property immediately.
2. You will be given 2 hours notice to depart the property. All rent money will be forfeited if you are evicted from the property.
Contact Collette Wilkes at Rainbow Realty to book your vacation cabin rental either by phone or email.
208-558-7116 or 800-853-7420